Running tips post outreach

Home Forums General Discussion Running tips post outreach

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Paul EvansPaul Evans

As we get closer to the end of the 12 week Outreach running programme, here are some tips that will hopefully keep your running enjoyable and injury free!

* Be patient with your progress – Rome as not built in a day, start of slowly don’t worry what any one else is doing, its your run and your run only.

* Listen to your body – The best coach you will ever have is yourself, always air on the side of caution, if it does not feel right, you are probally right !

* Never ignore a niggle – In my experience you will never run a niggle off, it will just get worse which could result in you having to have more time out injured further down the line.

* Don’t forget to warm up your muscles before your run it will help you keep injury free, and the cool down will help your muscles recover ensuring you are nice and fresh for your next run, the above is just as important as the run itself !

And Lastly as the days get shorter and the temperature drops lacing your up running shoes become that much more of a challenge, but I can honestly say I have never been out for a run yet and regretted it on my return !

Keep on running !

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.