Swollen Ankle

Home Forums General Discussion Swollen Ankle

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Sally MurphySally Murphy
    Participant

Hi all
    not sure if this is the place to post this but would like some advice please, I had a great time on
    Tuesday, it was lovely to meet everyone, but during running I turned my ankle, it only hurt for a second and I ran it off in couple of minutes, and it didn’t hurt until I got home, I put some frozen peas on it for about half an hour and took paracetamol and rested it on Wednesday. today it feels much better but is still swollen and a little red, should I do my short run / walk tomorrow I don’t want to make it worse but don’t want to fall behind either.
    Thanks
    Sally

Hi Sally
    Glad to hear you had a great time on Tuesday …. What a shame you turned your ankle ☹️

You did the right thing by icing your ankle when you got home …. Swelling and redness is a sign that you have some inflammation so keep on icing that area for 10 minutes at s time when you have the opportunity …. It’s also a good idea to elevate your ankle when you can too …. So things like putting a pillow under your foot at bed st night will help ….

As you are not in pain it doesn’t sound as though you have done anything too nasty …. So just go out for your short walk / run but be very cautious snd if need be briskly walk the whole 25 minutes ( it’s time on your feet that counts st this stage)
    As soon as you get home put I’ve on the area to stop inflammation setting in and try and ice ever couple of hours …. DONT BE TEMPTED WITH ANY HEAT on the area ……..

Hope this helps …. Let me know how things go 😉

Whoop whoop
    Never give up
    Never give in

Cheers
    Bridge 🏃‍♀️

Sally MurphySally Murphy
    Participant

Hi Bridge
    Thanks for your advice, I’ll go out later and see how it goes and let you know !
    Thanks
    Sally 😊

Whoop whoop 🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️
    Well done ….

When you are new to running you are very likely to get aches and pains / niggles ….. those muscles are just been “ woken up “ and have to adapt to their new routine …..

As you progress on your running journey they will reduce as your muscles get stronger

Enjoy your walk / run …..

Remember to take the running section very slowly …. We are not worried about your speed 😘😘

Gill AllinGill Allin
    Participant

Hi Sally, as Bridget has already got there with the advice, I just wanted to say sorry to hear about your ankle – hope it improves quickly. Gill

Sally MurphySally Murphy
    Participant

Thanks both , went out for my short run / walk and I really enjoyed it , it went really well put ice on my ankle when I got back , no pain since, looking forward to my longer walk / run on Sunday 👍🏃‍♂️

Whoop whoop …., fab news …..
    get another ice session in before bedtime and prop your ankle on a pillow ( preventative measure )

Xx😘
    Bridge x

Sally MurphySally Murphy
    Participant

Will do, thank you 👍💕

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.